A one vehicle accident occurred Friday evening around 7:00 pm claiming the life of Christopher E. Wardlow 43, from Counce. According to eyewitnesses the driver waved to bystanders in the parking lot as he sped towards the Tennessee River. The vehicle came to rest about 100 feet from the bank and sank in an area about thirty feet deep. Swift currents caused by rising flood waters made immediate recovery of the vehicle impossible. “We waited until daylight today because of the river conditions.” Said Melvin Martin, Hardin County Fire Chief and EMA Director. The river was approaching nine inches over flood stage with a swift current during the time of the recovery effort. The vehicle and it’s occupant were recovered at 1:00 pm Saturday afternoon. The incident is still under investigation at this time.
- This Is How Many People Live With Their Parents In Tennessee
- Characters of Yesterday: Logan McCaskill
- Hospital services for McNairy County look promising
- Characters of Yesterday: Harvey Garfield Hodges, Humorist, Singer, Orator, Educator and Tragic Figure
- Coon Creek Science Center ribbon cutting ceremony
- Everyone liked Bozo
- April slated as HIE awareness month
- TOCA Football Opens its First Tennessee Soccer Center in Nashville
- Victoria Beckham glad her family stayed together in Miami to support David
- A unique Experience at Shiloh Tours
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Currently in Selmer
60°F / 51°F
Become a Patron of the Independent Appeal and enjoy rewards while helping to support McNairy county's oldest continually running business and most trusted name in news.