Letter to the Editor
During a recent sub-committee this past week, a presentation was made to introduce a resolution to move forward to the county commission to petition the state to reverse the 1992 Bipartisan Education Improvement Act. This act was instituted to replace an outdated practice of electing school …
In the past week a lot has been discussed concerning how the Director of Schools position should be filled. Recently the County Commission made a request for a resolution that would enable individual counties to determine the best process to suit their needs. Such a request has been presente…
- Supreme Court suspends Kelsey’s law license after conviction
- Lawmakers look for motive in HIV funding shift
- Calls by Tennessee veterans double after expansion of VA healthcare benefits
- Proposed bills would make all Tennessee local elections partisan
- Health commissioner declines to answer reporters’ questions on HIV funds
- Volunteer student arrested Thursday for alleged online threat of 'shooting up the school'
- Be Realistic: It's Key to Achieving Those New Year's Resolutions
- Court settlement lowers Tennessee concealed carry age to 18
- Postal service on-time performance similar in rural, urban areas, report finds
- Siblings of Babies Who Died of SIDS May Also Face Higher Risk
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Become a Patron of the Independent Appeal and enjoy rewards while helping to support McNairy county's oldest continually running business and most trusted name in news.