Response teams in Manatee County, Florida, are trying to prevent a "real catastrophic flood situation" in the Piney Point reservoir area, Gov. Ron DeSantis said after taking an aerial tour of the area. The Manatee County Public Safety Department declared a state of emergency and ordered a complete evacuation of the Piney Point reservoir site and surrounding areas due to a leak that could cause a collapse of phosphogypsum stacks, radioactive waste that is created during fertilizer production and phosphate rock mining.
- TN Valley Farmers partnership with TVA
- This is the Worst County to Live in Tennessee
- Letter to the Editor
- Revisions to masking guidelines possible
- McNairy County Carl Perkins Center getting a new home
- STAY program gives new opportunities to students
- Commission approves a resolution to elect director of schools
- MAA Reports Second Quarter Results
- Cat Financial Announces Second-Quarter 2021 Results
Become a Patron of the Independent Appeal and enjoy rewards while helping to support McNairy county's oldest continually running business and most trusted name in news.
Currently in Selmer